Thursday, August 15, 2013

Namesake

This week we spent some time in Wichita Falls visiting Nana and Nanny. While we were there Elizabeth Jane met her namesake Barbara Jane, aka Nanny.



There was lots of discussion between those two! This is totally off topic, but can we talk about how awesome Nanny looks! I can only hope that at 79 I will look half as good.

The name Elizabeth is also a family name that goes back at least 8 generations according to Nanny. It's my middle name, Nana's middle name, and it was my great grandmother, Dora's (aka Dodo), middle name.

Elizabeth Jane has a lot to live up to with both of her names! We're certainly a headstrong group of women. Pappaw liked to say it came from "Those damn Seright" genes! Haha I don't know if that's the case or not, but I hope she grows up to be every bit as headstrong and kind and smart as all those women before her.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment