Thursday, June 30, 2011

11 Months Old!



It is crazy to think that this time last year Greyson was kicking away in my belly! I can't believe that he is one month away from his 1st birthday! He is growing into his own these days, and I just know that he is on the verge of so many new and exciting milestones.

On the walking front, Grey is still doing the thing where he takes 3-4 steps and then sits down to crawl. He is so impatient (I can't imagine where he gets that from...me:) so I think crawling is just more effecient for him right now.

Speaking of impatient, we are seeing more and more of his little personality now. And, Lord help us, the boy wants what he wants when he wants it!! If you don't understand what he wants, and he can't communicate it to you, he loses it! The downside to that is it's a teensy bit obnoxious (Ha!), but the upside is that we get to see the sad face, which I have mentioned, is pretty funny.




And as we have grown accustomed to, his facial expressions continue to crack us up! Where does this stuff come from?!





He is also starting to be able to imitate us. First it started out with the fake laugh. He heard us laughing one day and then started pretending to laugh whenever he wanted us to smile at him. :) Pretty funny! Then, Jared decided to try to teach him to do the Rangers antlers and claw. Well, as you can see below, he thinks he's doing it...We were pretty confused at first. We thought that his ears were hurting, or something was wrong because he just looks like he's smacking himself in the face. But, he really was trying to do the antlers. Silly boy! He cracks us up! Jared will have to think twice the next time he decides to teach him something.



YouTube Video



His favorite things to do this month are...

Pulling all the books off the shelves to "read" them.




Walk in his walker.



Look at himself in the mirror.



Shake anything that could possibly make noise (toys, puffs, etc.).


And, last but not least open and close (not all the way) any door he can get his hands on.


In terms of food, Grey eats what Jared refers to as a "feast" at lunch. He has a plate of veggies and fruits with oatmeal, a #3 veggie babyfood, and a bottle. He is eating all kinds of veggies: edamame, peas, potatoes, avocados etc. He also LOVES bananas and blueberries, and just recently tested out watermelon, and it was a hit! He eats pretty much the same thing at dinner too minus the oatmeal. I am still doing everything organic, and we'll see how it goes when school starts.

He is still drinking milk at each meal, but I am no longer nursing. (Is that the Hallelujah chorus I hear playing?!) Thankfully, I have enough Momscicles to last for at least the rest of the month. I am a bit of an overachiever especially when someone challenges me by saying it will be "too hard" to do. I'm really glad that I was able to do it for this long (11 months and 4 days...July 4th has added meaning this year). Now whenever he gripes about something when he gets older, I'll have even more leverage to make him feel guilty. haha

We (read:me) are so excited to start planning the big 1st birthday bash! I just can't believe he is already almost a year old! I know how cliche it sounds, but it honestly seems like I just gave birth. Our little baby is getting so big!

No comments:

Post a Comment