Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Busy Week!

The Petkoff's have had a very busy week! We have had lots of visitors, we have been out and about to show off our little guy, and he and I made our first solo trip.

First things first, Greyson "watched" his first Cowboys game! Of course his Daddy couldn't possibly allow him to watch the game without the appropriate gear, so he bought him some outfits to make sure he began his life as a Cowboys fan in proper fashion! (Obviously you can see he is super excited as evidenced by the fist pump!)



On Saturday, Kendra came down with Kohen and Kresee to meet Greyson. Unfortunately (or fortunately) Greyson slept the entire time they were here! He's not much of a host yet, but we're working on our social skills! :) We are so glad they came down, it was great to see them!




Later that evening, his Aunt Morgen and Uncle Carl came over to meet Greyson and they brought us dinner! Love them! I'm a bad blogger though and I didn't take a single picture! I have got to step it up in that area!

On Sunday, we went over to GG and Pop's house (DiOnetta and Jimmy)so that Greyson could meet his "Aunt," "Uncle," cousins and a few friends. But, before we could leave the house, we had to give Greyson an emergency bath...If you're guessing that he managed to pee on himself and Jared and I, not once, but 3 times, you would be correct! There is just something about the fresh air that makes him feel free! Haha! (When he's older he will hate me for posting this, but it's just too cute! I added a little patch to protect his modesty!)



Kannon and Kolson were very excited to meet their new cousin! They picked out presents for him, and Kannon even promised to give him a heifer! haha I can't wait for him to get a little older so that he can visit the cows and horses at their house. It will definitely be a case of the city kid meets the country kids! Jared and I won't be much help in terms of teaching him about those things, so we are very glad to have family that can!




In other news, Greyson is growing so much every day! It is crazy how we can put him to bed at night and when we wake up I swear he is bigger the next morning! He hasn't quite made it out of the newborn clothes yet, but I'm not sure that's a bad thing! :) He is also starting to stay awake longer in the morning and in the late evenings. I'm glad he wakes up at night so that Jared can play with him. I think he misses him during the day, because he makes a beeline to Greyson when he gets home at night!

Greyson and I also made our first solo trip to the grocery store, just the two of us. (Again no pictures! Sorry about that!) It was quite the event, and I'm not going to lie, I was a little nervous. Luckily he took it easy on his poor Mom and slept the entire time, so we made it back relatively unscathed. There might have been a moment where I wasn't quite so sure how the carseat was supposed to fit into the cart, but a very nice lady helped us out, so we didn't look like total newbies!

Check back soon for updates! I will work on the picture taking!

No comments:

Post a Comment